We often get asked WHAT TO PACK to bring on a Luxuryoga YOGA RETREAT – will it be casual or should we pack our best summer dresses? Will they have shampoo and shower-gel, do we need to bring our own yoga mat, and should we pack a beach towel dips in the sea?
We recommend travelling light, but also making sure to include all the adequate necessities to have a comfortable trip.
THINGS TO PACK / BRING TO A LUXURYOGA RETREAT:
- Yoga clothes – yoga pants, tanks, tops… We recommend that you bring enough for the day and afternoon classes but light and comfy. It tends to be warm. We can also do some laundry during the week for you. So three yoga outfits should be enough.
- Comfortable clothes for the day, especially if you’re planning to go on an excursion, boat trip, strolling in town, or go to the beach for the day (about 15-20 minutes ride from our retreat)
- Bathing suits – for the pool and beach, but also worth packing a ‘not-so-fancy’ bathing suit for the indoor spa, sauna & therapy showers.
- Beach clothes, sun dresses, shorts and t-shirts, comfy poolside covers, maybe even a handy sarong.
- Summer dresses and trousers/tops for the evenings. Nothing elegant, but this is your chance to get out of your yoga clothes and into something a little more dressed up than leggings and a tank.
- Beach shoes or flip-flops for the pool, in between classes and the beach.
- Comfortable walking shoes in case you want to go exploring.
- Sandals or shoes if you want to go out in the evenings
- An optional pair of running shoes/trainers if you want to go hiking or exercise in our gym.
- Chargers for mobile phone, Kindle, iPad, laptop (resist the urge… leave it behind!)
- Plug adaptors
- Camera – most people use their phone as a camera, but if you have a professional camera, then this is the time to dust it off – we are, and go to, some picture-perfect places.
Other things we recommend bringing:
- Hairband and hair ties
- Book or Kindle
- Any special medication you may need (there are pharmacies at all our locations for basic meds)
Things you won’t need to bring:
- Yoga mats, blocks, straps
- Towels – room towels and beach towels are changed daily at the retreat. You will also find your own bathrobe and slippers.
- Basic toiletries such as shampoo, conditioner, shower gel, body lotion – We provide these and replenishes them daily in your room, we use an organic high-quality brand for these products, but if you have specific needs such as very dry hair or skin, you might need your specific one.
- Hairdryer – we provide it.
And before you leave for the airport, make sure you have:
… your passport, ticket, visa (if you need one), bank card and credit card, and a little local currency to keep you going until you can get cash at the airport on arrival, or in town.
As always, happy travels!